Students will practice using a draw program on the computer to create a logo for a business or a product. They also will understand and put to use the necessary characteristics of a successful logo.
- drawing program
- samples of logos
Skip the first two instructions for younger students.
- Display samples of logos and ask students to guess what businesses and/or products that they belong to.
- Have a class discussion on the noticeable similarities in the logos (if any). Ask the questions such as: Do you think these logos have had an impact on you? What colors, shades, style do you notice are used the most?….
- Ask students to make up a business or a product that they would like to design a logo for. Ask older students to write a paragraph on the name, the audience, and the purpose of the business/product. Also ask students to write about what kind of image that they are trying to present through their logo.
- Using a drawing program, ask students to create a logo for a business or a product that they have thought of.
- Mark for clarity, creativity, effectiveness, and relatedness.