Students will get an introduction to the cause and effect of a chemical reaction between water, mucilage glue, and magnesium sulfate through forming crystals.
- 1 glass slide
- 1 test tube
- 1 dropper
- 1 bottle of mucilage glue
- magnesium sulfate
- Put 3 ml of water into the test tube
- Add enough magnesium sulfate to make saturated solution
- Add a drop of glue, and stir until the glue is dissolved
- Using the dropper, put enough of the solution on the glass slide to cover it completely
- wait a few minutes and the child will see the crystals start to form.
- Let dry.
- What happened? How does it look like, draw it? Why did this happen?