Students will predict, examine and record the patterns in a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- variety of fruits and vegetables cut up into enough pieces for every child
- cucumber, oranges, apples, onions, etc.
- variety of whole, uncut fruits and vegetables
- recording sheet
- Hold up whole vegetable or fruit and ask children to predict what inside looks like
- Children draw their predictions on recording sheet
- After every fruit and vegetable has been recorded by each child, distribute the cut-up fruit and vegetables (one type at a time)
- Ask children to record what the inside actually looks like.