Students will learn and appreciate the major events that have happened in their own lives as well as others. This activity emphasizes that a person’s experiences greatly determine what kind of person they are.
- a very large piece of paper or tagboard
- construction paper
- markers, pencil crayons, paint
- Ask each student to make a list of the major events in their lives, beginning at their birth and working towards the present.
- Have students transfer this list into a visual map of their life on to a very large piece of paper or tagboard. Allow and encourage students to use a wide variety of materials and mediums. Photographs from home would also be nice if possible.
- Display the Life Maps and have each student present their own to the rest of the class.