Students will give and receive compliments to and from their classmates. This activity can promote self-esteem as well as classroom cooperation.
- writing utensils
- strips of paper
- Gather students in a circle.
- Hand out strips of paper as well as writing utensils.
- Have students look at the person on their right, think of one nice thing about this person, and write it out on the strip of paper.
- After they finish writing, have the students pass the paper to the person on their right.
- Go around the circle and have students read their compliments aloud.
- Glue or staple the strips into a “chain of compliments” and display them in the class.