Students will practice counting in 1’s, 2’s, 5’s, or, etc..
- a ball
- Gather students around in a circle standing up.
- Pick a number that will fall in the counting method you decide to practice.
eg: If practicing counting by 2’s, the number could be 16.
- Start by saying the first number in the counting sequence, then pass the ball to the student beside you and have them say the next number in the sequence. So, when a student receives the ball they say the number.
- Continue passing the ball around the circle and counting until the number that you chose at the beginning of the game has been reached.
- The student who has the ball when the number is said has to sit down and is out of the game.
- The game continues until one student is standing. They are the “winner”.
- Try to encourage students to say the numbers faster as they play the game more.