Students will practice adding and number recognition.
- 1 ruler for each student
- 2 dice per pair of students
- 6 toothpicks per student
- Ask students to get into pairs and hand out materials. (1 ruler per student, 2 dice per pair, and 6 toothpicks per student)
- Students then choose six numbers on their ruler and place their toothpicks on each of the numbers.
- Students take turns rolling the dice, adding the two numbers that they roll, and removing the toothpicks that correspond to the answers.
- The first student with with their toothpicks all gone is the winner.