Students will identify important things in various subjects by analyzing their characteristics.
- index cards
- Before doing this lesson, label the index cards according to whatever subject you are using them for:
Socials– historical figures, time-periods, places, geography terms and features, places,…
Science– scientists, inventors, chemicals, rocks, planets, plants, animals, …
Language Arts– authors, parts of speech, punctuation marks,…
Fine Arts– artists, musicians, instruments, works of art,…
- The point of the game is for students to figure out who/what they are, based on answers to questions they pose to their classmates.
- Tape a different card on each student’s back.
- Students wander around asking classmates yes/no questions about who/what they are.
- Whoever guesses who/what they are first, wins.