Students will write science fiction stories based on stories brought up in the tabloids.
- a variety of tabloids
- Explain science fiction to the class.
- Science Fiction: a form of fiction that “explores the marvels of discovery and production that may result from present or future developments of science and technology.” (from M.H. Abrams, A Glossary of Literary Terms: 6th edition, pg. 218)
- Have students look through all the tabloids collected and pick a story that interests them and would be suitable for a science fiction story.
- Students write their science fiction story, making sure that the characteristics explained above are met and that the original story is included somehow.
- Share stories with the whole class.