by Charles G. Shaw
read aloud K, Readability K
Who knew that a puddle of spilt milk could look like so many things!?. We watch along as the puddle of spilt milk transforms into various objects (a squirrel, a rabbit…). This creative, and easy to read, little book encourages children to explore their imagination.
- drawing/colouring utensils
- a squiggle, drawn on a piece of paper and photocopied for the class
- Hand out photocopied squiggle to class.
- Ask students to think about what they see in the squiggle, and to rotate the paper to get different perspectives.
- Students draw a picture with the squiggle included in it (thus expanding on the original squiggle).
- When students are finished, ask them to attach a story to their squiggle.
- Students share their pictures and stories with the class.