by Roald Dahl, Illus. Joseph Schindelman
This classic is about poor boy’s adventure through , every child’s dream, a chocolate factory. This book is filled with suspense and adventure. The characters are so vivid…it’s wonderful. If you decide to read it aloud, read one chapter at a time because almost all of the chapters end on a “cliff hanger” note. I think primary children especially would love this book.
Here’s a recipe that you can use to make about 5 dozen chocolate balls with your class:
What you need:
- 3 cups of semi-sweet or white chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1 can (300ml) of sweetened condensed milk
- finely chopped nuts
- cocoa powder
What to do:
- Melt chocolate chips; remove from heat.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- Chill 3 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 1 – inch (2.5cm) balls; place on wax paper-lined trays. Chill until firm. Roll in nuts, cocoa, or dip into melted chocolate chips of a different colour.
- Chill and enjoy.