Students will create an alphabet booklet using a word processing program. Through this they will practice the specific word processing skills of formatting, saving, retrieving, editing, cutting & pasting, adding graphics, and typing. Additionally, the language arts skills that will be practiced include letter sound recognition and sentence writing.
- computer with a word processing program
- clip art library
- Create a new word processing document and name it “alphabet book”.
- Begin writing a sentence for the letter “A”: A is for _________.
- Search clip art library for a picture that begins with “A”.
- Insert the clip art into the document (resize if necessary).
- Add another sentence that describes the word.
- Repeat process until the letter “Z”.
- Since this lesson will be done over a few weeks, after each session, save the document.
- Print up when finished.
- Cut out each page and paste it onto similar size pages into a booklet.