Students will learn about and appreciate the history, characteristics, and significance of a specific dance style.
- a variety of research material for dance, books, magazines, pamphlets, websites (see links below), etc.
- Ask students to pick a dance style that they are interested in and would like to learn more about.
- Here are a few dance styles:
- First Nations
- Hip Hop
- Sicilian Circles
- Ask students to do a research essay on the dance style that they chose. Collect information and photos focusing on the dance style’s history, characteristics, and significance to society.
- Display the essays, or have students present them to the class so that the class can get some exposure to information on a variety of forms of dance.
- Encourage students to teach their dance styles to the rest of the class.