Students will use their drawing and story-writing creativity to expand upon a pre-existing image.
- drawing/colouring utensils
- a squiggle, drawn on a piece of paper and photocopied for the class
- Hand out photocopied squiggle to class.
- Ask students to think about what they see in the squiggle, and to rotate the paper to get different perspectives.
- Students draw a picture with the squiggle included in it (thus expanding on the original squiggle).
- When students are finished, ask them to attach a story to their squiggle.
- Students share their pictures and stories with the class.
Spilled Milk by Charles G. Shaw, Pub. HarperTrophy, 1988, ISBN: 0064431592