Students will examine the characteristics of and write their own comics based on an already popular comic.
- a variety of comics from newspapers and books
- drawing paper
- crayons, pencil crayons, or markers
- Have students examine the comic strips that you collected.
- Ask students to name their favorite comic strips and describe what they like best about the characters and the plot lines in the strips.
- Have students create their own character to be introduced as a newcomer to their favorite comic strip, keeping in mind the current plot line of the comic strip and the characteristics of the characters. Or, have students simply continue the plot line of the comic.
- Display the comics as a class funny page.