- Hands on Technology: Marvelous Machines
- "A series of experiments about simple machines: levers, wheels and inclined planes. This unit was designed for use in the third grade."
- J and J Simple Machines
- " In this WebQuest you will learn definitions and to identify examples of simple machines. You will then be able to investigate various compound and complex machines and locate examples of each simple machine defined. This information will enable you to create a new compound machine to solve a problem. "
- Leonardo's Workshop: The Inventor's Workshop
- "Highlights some of Leonardo's futuristic inventions, introduces the elements of machines, lets students explore how these elements can work together to perform new functions, and gives students a chance to try analyzing Leonardo's inventions and designing their own."
- Mechanisms and Simple Machines
- Detailed and technical information on mechanisms and simple machines.
- Motion Energy and Simple Machines
- "In this unit you will investigate Newton's Laws of Motion and the concepts of potential and kinetic energy. Learning about why things move will help you understand that forces are necessary to cause motion. This motion can then accomplish work. The concepts of force, friction, energy transfer, and mechanical advantage will be explored as you build simple machines and investigate their operation."
- Moving Along With Simple Machines
- A three week integrated unit on simple machines for grade 3.
- Simple Machines
- Graphics, explanations, and activities on how things work.
- Spotlight on Simple Machines
- Everything you every wanted to know about Simple Machines. Demonstrations and graphics. From inQuiry Almanack.
- Work is Simple With Simple Machines
- "Students participating in this project will investigate simple machines and their usefulness in everyday life." Overview and Outcomes, Classroom Activities, Standards and Benchmarks, Useful Websites, and other resources.