- Children, Stress and Natural Disasters
- A set of resources for teachers and other child-care or youth workers that helps prepare them for working with children who have been through a disaster.
- Climate Change Awareness and Action
- The Pembina Institute for Appropriate Development in Drayton Valley, Alberta provides educational resources to help students to "conduct an in-depth investigation of the climate change issue." Resources include: a teacher manual (tips for implementing activities, curriculum correlations, sample unit plans); learning activities (lesson plans and student activity sheets); fact sheets (background information); transparencies (downloadable colour graphics); source documents (chronicles of current perspectives on climate change); a resource bank (educational materials available from other organizations); and links to other web sites on climate change.
- Dan's Wild, Wild Weather Page
- An Interactive Weather Page for Kids
- Environmental Protection Agency: Global Warming
- Information about the concept of global warming, quick facts, a glossary of climate change terms, and links to other related web sites.
- Environment Canada: WeatherOffice
- Canada Weather, World Weather, Weather Terms, and more.
- FEMA for Kids The Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Provides kids with information about actions that can be taken before and after disasters.
- Nasa: Volcanoes and Global Climate Change
- Information on Volcanoes and Global Cooling, Volcanoes and Ozone Depletion, and Monitoring the Effects of Volcanoes.
- Old Farmer's Almanac
- Searchable on-line version.
- Online Guide to Meteorology
- Contains multimedia instructional modules on selected topics in atmospheric science. Topics include: forces and winds, weather analysis and forecasting, clouds and optical effects, thunderstorms, weather in the middle lattitudes, and especially elementary.
- Links to sites on Project Groundhog, Canadian forecasts, clouds, temperature, hurricanes, weather lore, weather forecasting, weather iInstruments and rainbows
- WeatherCast Dot Com - The Weather Supersite
- A vast amount of information on weather including, photographs, movies, links to relted sites, current conditions, and much more.
- Weather Underground
- Find the Weather for any City, State or Zipcode, or Country in as well as in a whole bunch of languages such as English, French, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, German, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Weather Visualizer
- allows you to customize your own satellite weather map for various
areas of this hemisphere from the current image to those covering the
last 24 hours.
- The Wind: Our Fierce Friend
- Information about the danger and useful sides to wind as well as links to other sites.
- WWW Virtual Library: Meteorology
- Links to meteorological sites, organized by data index, geographical index and server type.