- American Red Cross- Hurricane Disaster Service
- The American Red Cross provides extensive information about hurricane preparation and how to stay safe during a hurricane. Information includes on-line resources and downloadable PDF documents.
- Canadian Hurricane Centre
- Environment Canada, Atlantic Region, monitors all hurricane activity along the Atlantic Seaboard.
- Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, Typhoons
- More than 500 satellite photos of hurricanes, tropical storms and typhoons starting from 1968. These photos, collected by National Climatic Data Center, are categorized by year. The collection includes the following types: colour, radar, infrared and MPEG movies.
- Links to sites on destructive forces, safety and hurricane names.
- Describes several introductory hurricanes characteristics and issues including: What hurricanes are, How they get their names, What affects their development, and How to rate their destruction with the Saffir-Simpson Scale.
- NASA - Hurricane Image Catalog
- Picture of hurricanes produced by the Laboratory for Atmospheres at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center