- Food Finder
- Pick a restaurant then chose a food item - click a button and you get all the nutritional numbers about that item.
- "EarthSave supplies information, support and practical programs to the growing cross-section of our society that is discovering the power of food choices to promote environmental well-being and human health." Links to: Healthy People, Healthy Eating, Healthy Business, Healthy Animals, Healthy Planet.
- Reference Guide for Vitamins
- "This Guide contains an Overview and information on VITAMIN A (Beta Carotene), VITAMIN B-1 (Thiamin), VITAMIN B-2 (Riboflavin) ,VITAMIN B-6 (Pyridoxine), VITAMIN B-12 (Cobalamin), NIACINAMIDE (Niacin- vitamin B-3), PANTOTHENIC ACID, BIOTIN, FOLIC ACID, INOSITOL, CHOLINE, PABA (Para Amino Benzoic Acid), VITAMIN C (Ascorbic Acid), VITAMIN D, and VITAMIN E. "
- This page gives health information regarding adolescence, such as nutritional info.
- Calculate Calories Burned
- Enter the amount of time (in minutes) that you spend doing any of the listed activities and they'll tell you approximately how many calories you've burned.
- Ask the Dietitian
- Health questions from alcohol to zinc and everything in between are answered here.
- International Food Information Council
- Tons of constantly updated information on health and healthy living.
- Fitness Center
- Categories include: Fitness & Your Health , Nutrition & Fitness
Mental/Emotional Fitness & Peak Performance, Training & Fitness Programs, Sports Medicine, Fitness Programs for Special Populations , Column: Keeping Fit with Dr. Wayne Westcott, Fitness Information Center
Fitness Resource Center
- Advocate Health
- Health answers, resources and links, explaining various aspects of health from a physicians point of view.
- National Eating Disorders Organization
- FAQs and information on eating disorders, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, the role of food in an eating disorder, information for families, steps toward recovery, and reatment options. In their section for schools they address the following: a school's guide to prevention; a message for counselors; things coaches can do to help prevent eating disorders; warning signs; medical consequences; how to help a person with an eating disorder; and a reading list.
- Welcome to our Virtual Kitchen!
- Canadian Lung Association Resources
- Covers issues such as asthma, tobacco, the cardio vascular system, and pollution. Also has teaching resources.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Information about heart disease and strokes, healthy eating habits, and includes a glossary of heart-related terms.
- Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Vegetarian Society
- Lots of information on healthy eating and diet.
- Vegetarian Pages
- The benefits of a vegetarian-eating lifestyle for children are explained here.