Students will examine their family history in order to create a family tree.
- butcher paper
- drawing utensils
- Explain the concept of the family tree by displaying your own tree (or someone elses- eg. historical figure) for the class.
- Have students talk to parents, grandparents and other relatives to document as much of their branches as possible. As well, students should attain a little biographical info. on two "colourful" members of their family, and write a paragraph on each to present to the class.
- Students draw up their tree and display.
- Present mini-biographies.
- Variation: Students can utilize the internet to do research (see links below).