Creating an Edible Map
Students will create a map and examine the physical geography, borders, and/or cities/towns of an area.
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups white corn syrup
- Blue icing
- Chocolate chips
- M & Ms
- any other edible material you want to use for landmarks
- photocopies of map of area chosen to create
- Distribute photocopies of maps.
- Mix first five ingredients together, and distribute equal amounts of dough to each student. This will be the 'base' of their map.
- Students decorate their map:
- Blue icing-- lakes, rivers, and oceans
- Chocolate chips-- mountains
- M&Ms--cities and towns
- Students compare and identify others' maps.