Teaching Crayon Resist
- paper (experiment with other surfaces, eg. easter eggs)
- blue or black watercolour paint
- paper/napkins for dabbing/absorbing excess paint
- Using a crayon (yellow and white work best), draw the outline of an image on a piece of paper, pressing really hard.
- Paint over entire paper with watercolours (must be quite diluted)- a good method is to paint in strokes from left to right, starting at the top of the page and working to the bottom.
- Blot excess paint with paper or napkins.
- Allow to dry.