Symmetrical Paint Blottings
Students will examine the concept of a half as part of a whole, as well as examining symmetry.
- sheet of paper folded in half
- paint and paintbrushes
- Fold a piece of paper in half.
- Quickly paint a design on one half of the paper, using ample paint and ensuring the design is painted snug with the fold line.
- Before paint dries, fold blank half of paper over painted half. Smooth over so that image is created on other half of paper.
- Open folded paper and allow to dry.
- Students repeat this process.