Students will practice their knowledge of 2-Dimensional shape names and characteristics.
- With their own geoboards and elastics, students first play and see what 2-D shapes they can construct.
- After about five minutes of this, ask students to clear their board and wait for instructions on what shape to construct.
- Teacher calls out a shape name.
- Students construct the shape on the geoboard.
- Have students clear board and repeat.
- Once students have the hang of this, move on to describing shapes that they are to construct (ie. "this shape has three sides and three corners").