Cruel Words Hurt
Students will examine the how insults and cruel word hurt people and you have to do a lot to make them feel better.
- piece of paper
- Draw and cut out a body shape out of a piece of paper.
- Have students sit around in a circle.
- Pass the paper body around the circle and ask each child to crumple and/or tear it just a bit.
- Try to mend the body with tape and by flattening it with your hands.
- Have a class discussion on how when people insult others it hurts so much, sometimes to the point where you can't take it back to fix it. Point out how no matter how hard you tried to fix the paper body, it will not look like how it did when you first had cut it out.