Students will examine a feeling word and represent it in a dramatic presentation. Through this, students will present and observe the different situations that different feelings can exist in.
- a hat, container, or bag
- Pieces of paper with a different feeling word written on each. Use feeling words that your class would understand really well. Maybe you can generate a list to use ahead of time by asking your class to brainstorm a list of feeling words that they know.
- Place the feeling words in some sort of container.
- Ask one student to come up and pick out a feeling without looking.
- Now, this student is to act out a scene that has the feeling that they chose.
- The rest of the class guesses the feeling that is being represented. The student who guesses correctly gets to go next, and the process is repeated.
- Extension: Everytime you do this activity write out the feeling and the situation presented right beside it on chart paper. Eventually, you will have a variety of situations that the feelling can be present in. This would emphasize that there are many different feelings out there, and many different ways that they manifest themselves.