The Importance of Objects in a Book
Students will be better able to understand a character or a story by listing out important objects that are introduced.
- a book where the objects described are important to it
- drawing paper
- crayons, pencil crayons, or markers
- After reading the book, individually or as a class, make a list of important objects that were brought up.
- Have a discussion about these objects. Who were they important to? Why were they important?
- Ask students to draw the items that they think were the most important in this book. Underneath, write down the name of the object and why it was important.