Design a Book Jacket
Students will analyze the book jackets of books and then design one based on the typical characteristics of book jackets.
- paper (construction, drawing...)
- paint, crayons, pencil crayons...
- a variety of book jackets to analyze
- Begin by having a class discussion on the characteristics of book jackets. Ask students to discuss the factors that need to be considered when designing a book jacket (audience, genre...) and what all book jackets need (name of author, plot summary, title...).
- Using these factors ask students to design a book jacket for the book you are studying.