Students will be able to focus on the main events of a book by drawing a storyboard.
- construction paper
- drawing paper
- crayons, pencil crayons, or markers
- a book with a good plot structure
- After reading the book, generate a list of the main events that occured, as a class or individually.
- Ask students to draw a picture of every main event thought of and write down a description underneath each one.
- Glue each picture on a larger piece of construction paper to make a frame around it, then glue each frame together in order of the events.
- Display each story board (you should have a storyboard for each student).
- Variation: Try doing this activity as a class. Ask each student to give a different main event that occured in the book, and write them out on chart paper. After every student is finished their frame, put them in order as a class and display.