Making a Rain Stick
Students will make a rain stick which will allow them to recreate and betterh understand the sound of rain in a rainfrest.
Per Rain Stick:
- 1 cardboard tube
- 30 stickpins
- cellophane tape
- 1 cup of rice
- wrapping paper and/or paints to decorate it
- Stick in the pins pins through the cardboard tube in 5 rows with 6 pins in each row.
- Put a strip of tape around each row to hold pins in place.
- Tape one end of the tube shut.
- Pour in the rice.
- Tape the other end of the tube shut.
- Decorate the rain stick by covering it with wrapping paper or paint it.
- To recreate the sound of ran, tip the rain stick slowly.