Students will learn, appreciate, and teach the history, cultural significance, and the rules of a multicultural game.
- a list of multicultural games
- research materials, see below for related websites that may come into good use
- Have students get into pairs and decide on a multicultural game that they are interested in.
- Ask students to do research in the game and present a two page write-up on the games' history, cultural significance, and rules.
- Ask each pair to ask a teacher of a younger class if they could teach and lead the game in their P.E. class. If not possible, ask the pair to teach and lead the game in their own class.
- Have a class discussion on what aspects of the multucultural games, if any, resemble the games that they like play.