Squirrel in a Tree
Students will develop an awareness of and practice the mobility needed to run around other children.
- open playing area (gym or field)
- Have students line up and count them off as Tree, Tree, Squirrel, and repeat until you have 1 or 2 extra children. These extra children become homeless squirrel's looking for a home.
- Have the pairs of trees join each other's hands and enclose a squirrel in their circle. Their should bee trees with squirrels inside spread all over the play area.
- Blow a whistle or yell go! Squirrels have to leave their trees in search of a new home.
- Once a squirrel finds a new home the pair of trees enclose the squirrel in a circle and wait.
- Any squirrels left out become homeless and must wait until there is a signal to run and search for a new home.
- Keep playing over and over until time has run out.