- Have students line up at one end of the gym or field.
- Teacher stands in the middle of the play area and starts as the Man from Mars.
- Children yell out, "Man from Mars, Man from Mars, will you take us to the stars?"
- Man from Mars answers with a specific detail such as, "Only if you have white on your shoes." Those with white on their shoes get to run to the other end of the gym.
- Then the Man from Mars say "Go", the rest of the children run and try to avoid the Man from Mars from catching them. Those caught
help the Man from Mars and catch kids in the next round.