- Systems "above" the school level are supportive
- Community believes in school
- FOUR STAGES all stages are essential to grow through:
- Pseudocommunity = fake it
- allows individuals to make "blanket" statements
- lack/ignore individual differences
- Chaos = centers around misguided attempts to heal/change
- individual differences in open but trying to "standardize"
- attack each other
- Emptiness = needed to bridge from chaos to community
- must deal with, and remove "Barriers to Communication"
(=expectations, preconceptions, prejudices, ideology, need to control, need to heal/convert fix or solve - your way)
- Where to from here?
- community building FIRST
- problem-solving SECOND
- to maintain a community requires setting new community tasks and goals