- Seperate the class into two groups: Group A and Group B.
- Ask the groups to line up with the first student in each group facing eachother and the rest of the students looking at the backs of their groupmates.
- Decide which group is to go first (flip a coin, pick a number...).
- Shout out a topic sentence that the groups have to base their dialogue on.
- If the Group A gets to go first, the first student in the line in that group begins by saying a sentence that relates to the topic beginning with "Yes, but..."
- After saying their sentence, this student runs to the back of their group's line, and the first student in Group B has to say a sentence in reply Group A's sentence, beginning with "Yes but..." When they finish they run to the back of their group.
- Keep repeating the process until all the students have had a chance to say a "Yes but..." sentence.
- Time how fast the class can complete the game. Play the game often, and try to beat the time.