Writing a Cooperative Class Story
- Ask each student to take out a clean piece of writing paper and a pencil, and put their name on the back of it.
- Then give students 5 minutes to write a beginning of a story, or as much as they can in 5 minutes.
- At the end of this time direct the students to pass their papers in a given order (eg:pass your paper to the student behind you).
- Have the students read the story that has been started and continue it for the next 5 minutes.
- At the end of this time, again have the students pass the papers in the same pattern as before.
- The students now read their new story. Give them 5 minutes write a conclusion for it.
- Extensions: Pass the story again and ask students to draw an illustration that would sum the story up.
Pass the story again and have the students edit the story that they received.