Spinning Short Vowel Word Game
Students will recognize, create, and write short vowel words by using three spinners.
- three spinners labelled as follows:
1st spinner: t, b, c, d, f, h, m, p, r, and s
2nd spinner: a, e, i, o, u, a, e, i, o, and u
3rd spinner: the same as the first spinner
- 2 pieces of paper per student
This game can be played in pairs or small groups.
- Each player takes a turn by spinning each spinner once in order (1st spinner, 2nd spinner, then 3rd spinner). The player then writes down each letter that the spinner stopped on on their rough piece of paper.
- If a word is formed by the three letters, the player writes the word down on their good sheet of paper, and then the next player spins. If not, they lose a turn and the next player spins.
- The student with the most number of correct words on their paper, at the end of a set amount of time, wins.